Thursday, November 5, 2009

Good Wishes Scarves

I have been doing a lot of research since my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and I have come across a lot of interesting things that I would like to share with others. One of the items I have come across is a company by the name of France Luxe. They have a wonderful program called "Good Wishes Scarves" this program is for woman or girl experiencing loss or thinning of hair as a result of illness or treatment. They will send a beautiful head scarf for free just for the asking.

I sent an email requesting a head wrap for my Mother and that same afternoon I received an email acknowledging my request. About a week later my Mother received a "It's A Wrap" scarf made of silk with beautiful fall colors. My mother was so delighted to receive such a beautiful gift.

Here is a the information I was given on the history on how the "Good Wishes Scarves" got started,

Laurie Erickson, CEO of a fashion accessory company located in Washington State. launched a program called Good Wishes scarves - a program where her company makes one, free of charge, silk scarf or head wrap for women experiencing hair loss. This program was born as a result of an email received from a loyal customer. Web site http://www.franceluxe.com/i/goodwishesscarves/Good+Wishes+Scarves.html

She asked that we pass the word, If you or someone you know would enjoy either a scarf or an It's a Wrap - please email her at laurie@franceluxe.com and she and her staff will work to get it done for. She has worked in the fashion accessories industry for over 20 years. She said It is an honor and a pleasure to put smiles on faces through sharing our work. I believe in the power of sending good wishes and perhaps send some comfort to women from women.