Monday, October 25, 2010

Laid Back Weekend and Electric Fireplace ?

Hello new followers, Four Windows with a View, The Coleman's and Susan

Thursday evening we decided to sort through the lawn tools we have. We laid everything out in the middle of the floor. Wow, we have a lot of lawn tools. In the process we discovered we had 9 hoes, 13 shovels, 6 picks, 3 post hole diggers and 3 leaf rakes. We examined each one closely and narrowed our keep pile down to 3 hoes. We don’t use them for gardening, use them to kill snakes. We also kept I pick, 3 shovels, 1 leaf rake and 1 post hole digger. The others will be placed in the garage sale.

Friday evening we put the fifth wheel back in the garage and went out for dinner. Saturday we did laundry and stayed inside. We had off and on flash flooding rain. Dawn is experiencing the cluster headaches again. It is difficult for her to get involved in anything because the headaches come on sudden and last anywhere from five minutes to twenty minutes. There are days when she suffers almost one an hour. She has been dealing with this for about two weeks now and is hoping they will subside soon.

Sunday morning we got up and out early. We went to the grocery store and ran a few other errands. I mowed the lawn while Dawn coached some TV football.

We are trying to decide if we want to add an electric fireplace to the fifth wheel. We have seen some we really like but aren’t sure if they put out enough heat to be worth the money.

We would be interested to know if any of you have electric fireplaces and what you think about them.

10 comments:

  1. wow thats a lot of tools. I wish I could have an electric fireplace. We have a motor home and I don't think they make them for motor homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite! I wish I had known you were that close to Dallas. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw a really cute electric fireplace at Camping World. It looks like a miniature wood stove. It is fully portable and could be moved around from spot to spot.

    Poor Dawn. I have never heard of cluster headaches, but they sound horrible. Hope she gets better soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our motorhome came with an electric fireplace. True confession: the first time we saw a fireplace in a MH we thought it was the silliest thing. But, now that we've lived with one for a year, we love it! It does a nice job creating heat, and the light is nice and cozy. It really makes the place feel like home. It does take up some valuable storage space. But, in our opinion, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just bought a new Heartland Big Country 5'er and it had a fireplace already in it. I wouldn't have ordered one special, but now that we've been out in it for a shakedown cruise and having used it, we really like it.

    It sure takes the coolness off the living area pretty quick and it's great for the morning too. Ours is a Dimplex. So, it's a keeper as far as we're concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have one and LOVE it!!! We use hardly any propane with that thing on. We also have a little space heater we take up to the bedroom for early mornings..Then if it's REALLY cold we run that out in the living area along with the fireplace...That fireplace was a little costly, but it has been MORE than worth it!! It sure makes those rainy cool days a little more tolerable...Check in with Rick and Paulette..they just got a new fiver and they have a fireplace..I don't think you will regret it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel so for Dawn. I have migraines occasionally and they can really knock you on your behind. Has she seen the neurologist? They helped me a lot with the migraines and some headaches similar to cluster headaches that were brought on by Shingles. I wish her the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to do what you did only with tools in the garage. I have my dad's tools and my tools and way more than I'll ever need. I don't even know how to begin pricing them for a garage sale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw a very nice electric fireplace Camping World. It looks like a miniature stove. It is completely portable and can be moved from one place to another.

    electric fireplaces

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an electric fireplace that I bought for my condo. I love the look of a fireplace, and it's nice to have a mantle. I only use it for the "fire" part, which looks almost real. Both times I turned on the heat, I blew the breaker. The ones they make for RVs must be lower voltage or wattage (?), or the RVs have better wiring than my condo. I am going to hate selling mine when I go on the road.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete