Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Bedside Shelves

Here is the pics of the new bedside shelves I installed last weekend.


They measure 8"x4". They are small but will serve a purpose.



I think they turned out pretty good. But I have to confess something. I am not a wood worker. This was actually a larger shelf in its former life. It has been in the garage sale and no one seemed interested in it. I just walked by it and the ole light bulb lit up! That sure would make nice bedside shelves.

I just cut it in half and attached small blocks underneath and drilled pilot holes through the small blocks. I spray painted them a chocolate brown. I used screws through the pilot holes on the small blocks to attach them to the wall.

The only thing we bought was the paint. What a bargain! Theses are about the same size as the ones that came in our motorhome but they look a lot better.

9 comments:

  1. You were right, they do look very nice. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job on the shelves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to actually have your rig before the house sells so you can make some modifications. Looks good.

    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Repurposing things is the way to go! It really saves money...and the shelves look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED THE SHELVES...ALAS, I DON'T THINK "ABOVE" MY HEAD WITH A GLASS OF WATER IS A WISE IDEA..I AM VERY CLUMSY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job, and you are re-using something, which is always a good thing. They look great. Stay safe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the shelves - they will really come in handy.

    ReplyDelete