Thursday, December 9, 2010

What's This World Coming To?

OMG, Is it just me or is everyone else as upset over all the news about these poor children that are being abused and or even killed by their own parents. It’s just insane.

A brother and sister ages 3 and 4 year old that were killed by their father in Mississippi and buried alongside the road.

The three little brother ages 5, 7 and 9 years old are missing in Michigan.

What about the little 10 year old girl from North Carolina that survived cancer only to be killed and cut into pieces by her stepmother and or father.

Everyday there is a new story in the news regarding children that are abused or killed by their own family members.

What on earth is wrong with these people? I’m truly disturbed by all the violence towards children. There should be a special place for these people that abuse, molest and kill children.

What could a child possibly do that would warrant such drastic measures. Were these monsters never children themselves? What could possibly be going on in their lives that would make them snap and do such terrible things?

There are thousands of caring and loving people in this world that would gladly open their hearts and their homes to these children whose parents evidently don’t care to love and protect.

It is a long drawn out ordeal to adopt a child. It takes money, attorneys and patients. You have to be interviewed and your home inspected, your income checked out and your background investigated. It’s almost as difficult to adopt a pet. Yet, anyone can have a child with no questions asked. There are no interviews, no income requirements and no background checks. Some of these people wouldn’t even make decent pet owners.

I have come to believe that some people think their children are like property and they can treat them anyway that want.

If these people find their children difficult to handle or realize they’re just not cut out for the parenting job, why don’t they find someone who is?

I am so sorry about the rant, it’s just upsetting how often we are hearing this sort of thing on the news recently.

14 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right to ask "What is this world coming to". It is just beyond belief what some of these parents are doing to their own children - how can they murder their own child and toss it away like trash. It's bad enough to hear what strangers are capable of doing, but just totally unbelievable when the parents do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is awful and very hard to understand,maybe they should take their children on a RV trip ,this will bring them together...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vent away! I was just thinking similar thoughts the other day. The news is so depressing. We've been without TV for most of our full-timing life, except on occassion when we stay at a park with cable or are at someone's house. At first I really missed watching the news - I used to be a 2-3 times a day news watcher. Now I can barely stand watching 30 minutes of it. Sometimes I think the state of society is beyond hope, but then I hear a do-gooder's story and it gives me hope. I just wish there were more of those stories published because you know they're out there happening every day. At least that's what I choose to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I applaud your rant! And agree with every word. We need a license to drive a car but anyone can have a child, fit or not. It is so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HAVE AN IDEA WHAT WE SHOULD DO TO THOSE WHO HARM KIDS....IT INVOLVES KNIVES, ROPES AND TASERS, THEN DIGGING A HOLE AND FILLING IT IN LATER...MAKES YOU TRULY KNOW WHAT EVIL THERE IS OUT THERE DOESN'T IT?...AND THAT DOESN'T EVEN COUNT THE CREEPS WHO PREY ON RANDOM CHILDREN!! I CAN FEEL YOUR RAGE COMING ACROSS THE MILES, AND I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been noticing the increased violence towards children lately as well and I feel exactly the same way. Why does God allow those kind of people to have children so easily and so many good people can't have them? I don't know how anyone could harm a child. It's so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are a lot of very strange and sick people in this world. Like you say, it is very disturbing to continue to read these kinds of stories. It sure does make me appreciate our own family and friends though.

    Good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a darn shame!..those poor precious children!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That has always been a very sore subject to me. I become enraged, sad, and at times just sick to my stomach that any person could hurt an innocent child for no reason. There is never a good enough reason to ever harm a child, they are innocent little people who only want to be loved. They never asked to be brought into this world, they are not to blame for any of it.

    Don't get me started...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I understand your anger. We have over 100 children in our care where I work. Some in our foster homes, others in our residential living programs. A huge percentage (90%) coming from abuse of some form. Others are with us because of abuse in the home between parents, drugs, or murder.

    I used to lose my faith in humanity knowing the mental capacity of some people. There is a lot of insanity in this world. All we can do is best to heal the children and give them the love and nurturing they deserve.

    Even though they come from horrible parents they still love and miss them. Christmas is a hard time of year for them so keep them in your thoughts that they some how find peace this holiday.

    If you pray, pray hard for these kids, there are more out there than anyone realizes. Think about the number of children that are suffering who have not been reported or rescued from horrific abuse. Innocense lost. They need our help.

    If you have time to volunteer this holiday season at a center for abused children. Cooking a meal, wrapping gifts or giving a gift. It all helps.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am with you 100%. Why can't they just give these kids to some one else, instead of abusing them? I guess it makes no sense to me, because I just can't grasp the concept of hurting a child in any way. These are sick, sick people and deserve whatever they get...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes all you can do is to hug your own. Abuse is a cycle and more commitment is needed to prevent its beginning. Talking about it is a start.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just yesterday I cried while reading the news and wondered the very same thing! An 18 month old boiled alive by his mom's boyfriend...another 18 month hung by his ankles inside a closet and beat nearly to death by his 3 brothers while their mom let them! Child abuse does seem like it's rapidly rising...I can't even begin to comprehend how anybody could harm kids :o(((

    ReplyDelete