Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Dawn

Today is Dawn’s "53rd" birthday, Yes, she was born Monday, March 10th, 1958. The president of the United States was Dwight D. Eisenhower. That is also the year inflation dipped below 2%. The average yearly wage was $4,600.00 The average cost of a new house was $30,000.00, average monthly rent was $92.00.


Gas was $.25 per Gallon
Kellogg's Corn Flakes cost $.18 per box,
Hershey Bar $.05
McDonald's hamburger prices $.15
2 heads of lettuce for $.25
10 lb bag of potatoes $.59
Eggs per dozen $.33
10 lb Sugar $.79
Loaf of bread $.20
Postage Stamp $.04

The year Toyota and Datsun Cars were sold in the US.
Elvis Presley is inducted into the Army.
The Microchip co-invented by Jack Kilby of Texas Instruments.
Zennith Corporation develped the remote control.

The Wham-O company introduces the Hula Hoop.

Popular Films included; The Bridge on the River Kwai, South Pacific, Gigi, King Creole and Vertigo.

Popular Singers included; Elvis Presley, Billie Holiday, Ricky Nelson, Frank Sinatra, The Everly Brothers, Ella Fitzgerald and Jerry Lee Lewis.

Popular TV Programmes included; Candid Camera, The Ed Sullivan Show, Come Dancing, The Jack Benny Show and Alfred Hitchcock Presents.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAWN

Travel Safe Denise

21 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dawn, we wish you to do all the things you wanted to do but had no time till now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Dawn! Thanks for all the statistics - Harry's birthday was a month ago (same year) so I enjoyed reading him all the stats from the year of his birth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Dawn!

    That post really brought about a lot of memories (cuz I'm a tad older )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Dawn. I'm afraid I remember all of your statistics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu.....Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuu....Happy Birthday dear Dawwwwwnnnnnn......Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuu!!!! Good thing you don't have to actually listen to that! Best wishes for a fabulous year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Dawn! Wishing you a wonderful year of dreams coming true :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday,Dawn!..wishing you a great day and even greater year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Dawn! I'll be 50 in a few months and I can still remember gas at .28 a gallon in the mid 1970's when I had my first car. I didn't buy groceries then though. Enjoy your special day and may you have many more!
    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Dawn! Thanks for the walk down memory lane, although since I wasn't born yet, most are not actual memories for me. Enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Dawn. Thanks for the great trip down memory lane. Sad to say, I remember all of those things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Dawn. You're OLD.

    Roxanne
    (50 in May)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a super birthday Dawn-and a great year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ♫ ♪ Happy Birthday Dawn ♫ ♪. Ah, the good old days...I remember them well...I was already well on my way to adolescence, you youngster you!! Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing the fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Dawn ... my turn comes in about a month, so I appreciate a recap of 1958 ... it was a good year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dawn says I'm fired from writing the blog now. She didn't know I would put her age out there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday!! I am not sure if I should laugh or cry at those stats :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday, Dawn!!! Hope you enjoyed the day....

    ReplyDelete
  18. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAWN ! Sadly I remember all those stats as well.....but had a hard time getting past gas at .25 cents a gallon. Oh how I wish.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Hope those awful headaches are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Belated Birthday Dawn, hope you had a great one.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete