Friday, March 11, 2011

Many Thanks

Dawn wants to say THANKS for all the birthday wishes. She was a very shocked at how many wishes she received. It really made her day.

Now I have to confess that Dawn's given me full reign when it comes to writing this blog and hasn't had any complaints until yesterday. The problem started when she noticed I posted her age. She asked why I felt it important to let everyone know how old she was.

After apologizing many times, she has given me her permission to write more post. However, I must have approval before pressing the publish button!!!

I find it interesting that many of the people that posted comments also mentioned they were in our age group. I really believe this is a great age to be stepping out into this lifestyle. Seems we are young enough to have fun and old enough to be able to read a map! It's kinda like running away from home at middle age! The exception being that we are taking our home with us.

Travel Safe
Dawn and Denise

13 comments:

  1. People knowing my age has never been a problem for me. I've earned every one of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Dawn that age is only in your head...If you're young at heart you never grow older. "Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I guess a belated Happy Birthday is in order from us to Dawn. I miss a few days reading my blogs and see what happens??? I certainly hope she had a great day celebrating how special she is to so many people!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am proud to say I will be 52 in a couple of months..age is only a number..it is how young you feel in your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! 53? You're just a baby! So wonderful that you both will be able to enjoy this great RV full-time lifestyle while still "young".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh? 53 is just a youngster amongst most of us RV'ers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be happy! Soon you won't be subject to the age discrimination of all these 55+ RV parks (especially in the Phoenix area)!

    My wife an I have decided to skip Phoenix because we feel so unwelcome. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're in the doghouse now!

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday Dawn. I was out of touch a couple days and look what I missed! I believe we are only as old as we feel and I think I am aging in reverse, only my wrinkles belay the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday, Dawn. I am a 1957 baby! Yep, there are those of us on the road retired in our age group. I feel like a young 'un at the RV Snowbird parks - not all of them though. Budget: we split our time between LTVA's/BLM's and rv parks. Best of both worlds with $ and needing SPACE. Sometime the RV park living creates committments to activities and others that we don't necessarily want. Hope this makes sense. Also, thanks for your kind comments on the loss of our little dog. - Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. I avoid those conflicts by having my better half read the entry before I post-at least that solves the issues most of the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated Birthday to Dawn. I remember 53, just.... I didn't get to read your blog yesterday and almost missed the celebration...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, yes. Occasionally Mo wonders why I am so open when I write, so I try to be careful about what I divulge about her. :)

    ReplyDelete