Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wax On, Wax Off

We had a productive weekend. We pulled out the 5th wheel and I finished up the curtains. Now all the windows have matching thermal curtains. We connected to water and checked the plumbing for leaks. No Leaks.

We watched washed and waxed the truck. Two coats of wax to be exact. It was only waxed once last year and it was past due for another coat. I don’t mind waxing. It sure is rewarding to step back and see how great it looks with a nice shine on it.

Dawn gave the interior the full treatment. She cleaned all the leather and then went back over it with a conditioner. She did such a great job that we now have to tighten our seat belts in order not to slide out of our seats when traveling! It really does look good inside and out.



Again, I really don’t mind waxing the truck but now my arms feel like I’m wearing concrete gloves. My shoulders feel like I’ve been carrying a heavy load. I know, Get Over It!


We really need to wash and wax the 5th wheel too. I’ll wash it and then put it back in the RV garage. I’ll wax a section of it every day until I have it all waxed. I have waxed it in a weekend but I had problems lifting my arms for a few days afterwards! Oh, and we have a Saturn Ion that also needs a good washing and waxing too. That’s no big deal; I can wash and wax it in a couple of hours.

We drove the lawn mower around and mowed our two acres. We also did some laundry. Visited the grocery store too.

We did snap a few pictures of the moon on Saturday. It was so orange when it began it’s to show it’s self. We sat on the patio and watched as its colors changed from a burnt orange color to a bright white.

Now that I think about it, we sure got a lot done in a couple of days. That’s pretty good for two old out-shape fat girls. Dawn reminds me that round is a shape!!!!!!!

Travel Safe Dawn and Denise

17 comments:

  1. When you're done there come on over...Therapy needs washed! I think we could leave her out in the rain and that would take care of it. We could just go out with a soft brush and scrub a little once in a while and let the rain do the rinsing - I only wish it were that easy. Don't do too much in one day - gotta pace yourself but the truck looks great. And the moon shots are interesting - we only saw clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Productive weekend you says. You two has got my head a spinnin' what with all that work a gittin' done. I did note that it weren't all work and no rest since you did say, "We watched and waxed the truck." Like yer style, even though truck watchin' ain't reel high on me or Nilda's to do list.

    PS Hope that there quote weren't no villination of yer probitin' the reprobitin' of yer blog like ya gots in the fine print.

    Yer loyal reeder,
    I.M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new look to your blog! Is that the cool green of springtime? :)

    I'm pretty good at watching my motorhome, too. Not so good at waxing it though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that work makes your arms turn to rubber and your shoulders knot up. Sure makes things look nice before the pollen coats it yellow. Stay safe.
    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 36ft of Class A to wash and wax, plus the roof to clean and treat. I have a feeling my arms are going to be worthless for a week afterwords!

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be a bit embarrassed to say how rarely our motorhome gets the full treatment. I routinely consider a heavy rain as a washing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I have said before...washing an RV is like trying to diaper a dinosaur!...and our truck is in BAD need of a scrub...Ya just gotta love the Illinois salt on the winter roads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep...we are embarrassed too! We don't get to the waxing as we should. Now I feel guilty....maybe we should get with it. :-)

    Nice moon shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pictures of the moon. You sure did get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The moon pictures are great.........

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! Round is a shape...I love it! All your productivity makes me feel guilty. Our truck is badly in need of a wash. I keep waiting for that sunny day, but I think I need to just get out there and wash it in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can definitely tell spring is in the air when all the waxing gets done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As soon as we get home, I'll be tackling the same wash and wax jobs that you've just done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice background! I'll be happy if spring arrives before we leave. We may be waving as we pass it somewhere in the Carolinas.

    Roxanne
    The Good Luck Duck

    ReplyDelete
  15. now that you are both the experts with the wax on wax off ritual..come on up to British Columbia..we have a jeep that is in need of a nice wax job!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That waxing is work. Off course I'm usually the one watching not waxing but it makes me tired just watching John was the trailer (he-he).

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm lazy so I use a Wash and Wax soap when I wash our RV. I use way more than the recommended amount per gallon and it comes out looking really good.

    If I was full of energy, I might try to put some wax on by hand, but the energy department seems to be lacking most of the time... ;c)

    ReplyDelete