Friday, August 19, 2011

When's it Goin Stop?

My Mom is on the mend and my son had the splints in his nose removed today and he is feeling much better. I was starting to feel much better until my brother text me to say he was going in for emergency surgery for his gallbladder. I need my family to get healthy. My hair is graying by the day.

Nothing much is going on with us because it's just too hot (106) here.

We do have a concern about staying at a campground in the Piney Woods of Texas with this drought and heat. Yesterday there was a fire that burned for awhile just west of us. It was started at a scap metal yard. This evening there is a fire to th east of us.

Travel Safe Dawn and Denise

6 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion - steer clear of Bastrop State Park. It is extremely forested and not many routes out of the park. Beautiful, yes, but to me very claustrophobic, especially under dry conditions. We did not stay there for those reasons. Here's hoping family all heals soon and stays well! Thinking of you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope the family gets well real soon. Sending happy thoughts your way (and prayers too).
    That is really hot....I would be very careful with those fires in that heat. You guys stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for your family...Nothing is worse than medical problems...makes all else pale in comparison...Hang in there....He is in our thoughts and we are sending good Karma his way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, not another medical issue! I sure hope it rains and gets a little cooler before I return to Texas in about six weeks. Stay cool if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are right to be concerned. When we were there a few years ago, we were warned about the dry conditions and to watch out for fires on the prairie grass. So no woods, no grass open spaces. Then what?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everyone gets well soon. Fires can be scary, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete