Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pink Birds?

Rockport, Texas
Weather Condition; High 82, Low 61,

Well we had another busy week. On Sunday night we invited some friends over for dinner. I set up the portable canopy with the wind walls. Dawn cooked pork loin, steamed broccoli and mac & cheese. One of the other ladies brought baked potatoes and cole slaw and beans. It was a great feast.   

Tuesday we and several ladies from the park went to the movies. We saw This Means War. Good movie.

Dawn and I went out for Mexican food it was wonderful and I over ate big time. I just can’t help myself. I love Mexican food and need a fix on a regular basis.

Wednesday the weather was very overcast but warm. Dawn and I drove out to Cape Valero and took pictures of the birds at the marsh.

It was really great to see our first Roseate Spoonbills. They have a wingspan of 47 to 51 in. Neither of us has ever seen a pink bird in the wild. They are beautiful.

We also ran upon a flock of Sandhill Cranes. They have a wingspan 5’ to 6’. They are very large birds with a bright red stripe on their heads.

Wednesday night we played BINGO at the club house.

Today we spent the day at home. Tonight we had a pot-luck dinner at the clubhouse. Lots of good stuff to eat.

10 comments:

  1. Nice pictures of the spoonbills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those big birds! Of course, I love the tiny hummingbirds also. And everything in between!!
    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow gorgeous birds...would love to see them in perosn...have seen the Sandhill Cranes....sounds like lots of good food in the works how can you not overeat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful birds! I'm with you on the Mexican food. Hard to find good food like that in our area..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That makes me determined to get out and find a Spoonbill. Haven't seen one lately. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe we can hook up for Mexican in the next few days. I could use a fix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the thing we are looking most forward to when we get back to Texas is MEXICAN FOOD... and lots of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We saw This Means War for valentines day and enjoyed it, won't win any awards but was definitely entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those pink birds! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two are becoming as geeky as me about the birds!! All we need now are those binocs you strap on like a bra and a jungle hat, eh?? Fabulous pics of the Roseate flying...If I were you, I would frame it and hang it in the camper!! Also love the Sandhill Cranes...Judy, the Birdlady of Blogland would be proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete