Of course, we have been telling everyone that it’s official and that we will be leaving the first of June. It’s amazing all the strange reactions we get when we tell people we’re leaving. Most of the people we’ve told, have lived in this same small town most of their lives and really can’t imagine living anywhere else. By the way, Rockwall is the smallest county in Texas.
We then go on to explain that we’ll be traveling all over the U.S and living in our 5th wheel and don’t know how long we’ll be gone.
Here are a few examples of the comments we’ve received from people we’ve told;
- Have you lost your ever loving mind?
- That sounds like fun.
- Why on earth would you want to live in a travel trailer when you own such a nice home?
- Sure wish we could do that.
- Don’t sell your house; you’ll be tired of traveling in a few months.
- That’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard.
- Wow! Where you going first?
- Do you really think you’ll be happy traveling all the time?
- Where on earth did you get that idea?
- Don’t you think you’ll get tired of each other pretty quick living in such small quarters?
- How could you leave your family and friends?
- We’re sad to hear you’re leaving.
- Be sure and take lots of pictures and post them on your blog.
- You can’t sell your house and run off like that. Everyone needs a house.
- I love to do that but my wife would never go for it.
- We’re so happy for you and wish we were going too.
Travel Safe Dawn and Denise