Friday, April 22, 2011

39 Days to GO!

39 DAYS to go!!!! OMG!

We still have so much to do!

The weather has not been very cooperative here this week. Almost every day this week we have had rain or misting rain. We are using a stock trailer that has partial open side and don’t want to move anything that could get wet. So this week we didn’t get much accomplished. With that said, we are planning to spend our Easter weekend moving more of our STUFF to the storage unit. We don’t have a lot more to move as far as furniture. The remainder of the furniture is small things like the dining table and chairs, two recliners, dresser, queen mattress, box springs and a few small end tables. It is all furniture we can easily move by ourselves.

We are planning to have our last garage sale the weekend of May 6th and have everything moved out of the house by May 9th. Once everything is out of the house, I can start painting. I have patching nail holes in the walls as we go.

I still need to scrap the popcorn off one bathroom ceiling. That should take me long to do. I can have the interior of the house painted in a few days.

Time is moving so fast right now. It is hard to believe that we will soon be living our dream of being RV full-timers. We are so looking forward to the opportunity to travel freely and stay wherever we choose for as long as we choose.

Travel Safe Dawn and Denise

19 comments:

  1. Getting very close! Those last few weeks were a hectic blur for me. In 50 days, it will be just a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting, exciting! Back when I was working in California, I had a popcorn ceiling in a shower in a manufactured home, well everywhere actually. Once taking a shower, all this goopy stuff starting falling on me. weird, truly weird. Mo had to try to repair it and made lots of mumblings about why in the world was the shower spray hitting the ceiling. I haven't a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Advice for Next Time: use a lid for popping corn, and don't do it in the bathroom.

    Good luck!

    Roxanne & Annie
    The Good Luck Duck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting! We're aiming for a similar date, but trying to work at the same time... Arghhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you'll take some time to relax in 40 days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please be careful removing the popcorn ceiling. I had it done by a company when I bought my condo, and I was recently told that popcorn ceilings have asbestos. You don't want to breath in any dust. Do a little research on whether you should wear a mask, what kind, how to protect yourself. It's a big job. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when a dream becomes a reality...What adventures you will have and I cannot wait to ride along with you two....I'll bring the wine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee! Only 39 more days. There sure are going to be a lot of us "riding along" when you hit the road.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where has the time gone!!! Do you know where you're going first or are you just playing it by ear? Good luck with what you have left to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah ! Finally nagged you guys enough and now I see a count-down clock. YIPPEEE ! And when you guys are on the road then you can put a count-up clock on your blog to keep track of how many days you have been fultiming.

    Have you decided where you are heading first ??

    ReplyDelete
  11. The days will past so quickly and you will be on your way before you know it. Have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm just catching up on my blog reading and chuckled when I saw the 'countdown' counter on your site -- what a neat idea!! You two are a couple of wizards at this and so-o-o organized!!

    Can't wait to hear about your plans for your first days/weeks of your full timing life. Wherever it is you go, hope it's a beautiful location so you two can just 'vegge' and enjoy the scenery for abit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you have done a lot of work. You will have to plan some down time once you are on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! New fans of yours - also from Hitch Itch. Looks like I am getting a front row seat to you upcoming adventure... I remember my count down back in Miami FL almost 2 yrs to the day. Your going to need a good rest after all you've done this weekend....
    Happy Easter!!
    Evielynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. You will at least get to celebrate my last graduation with me before you leave. You have been to everything else all my life (I won't put the years to protect all parties involved)!

    ReplyDelete