Thursday, May 16, 2013


Princeton, Texas
Clear Lake Park
Weather Condition; High 75 Low 62, Cloudy

We’ve been busy girls lately. As I mentioned in my last post, Dawn had to rush me to the emergency room a week ago Tuesday at 10:00 p.m. That wouldn’t been such a bad thing except for the fact that we are 30 miles from our preferred hospital. Dawn suffers from severe night blindness and the roads here are dark, rough and very curvy.

She did a great job and we made it just fine. I was in terrible pain and the waiting room of the ER was full. I went in sat down and waited as Dawn parked the truck. I watched as the ER nurse took several people ahead of me. Dawn came into the waiting room and filled out the needed forms. The ER nurse again opened the door looked down at me and told me to come with her. She took me directly to a room and they began running an EKG and blood pressure.

My EKG was good. They moved me down the hall to another room. They did blood work and a sonogram. A short time later a doctor came in to say I had an infected gallbladder and would be admitted to the hospital in order to have surgery the following morning.  He then ordered pain meds and I was feeling much better a little while later!

At 2:00 a.m.  I was moved to a regular room. They folded out a recliner bed for Dawn. Needless to say neither of us got any sleep.

The following morning I had surgery to remove my sick gallbladder. It was late afternoon before I was released. We got home around 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday.

Luckily this happened on our first night off so we had 3 days to recover before going back to work. I relaxed for the next few days while Dawn ran like a chicken with her head cut off! She had to go to the laundromat, grocery store, bank and take our reports to headquarters.  She was running on very little sleep.

Thursday night she realized she must have left a load of laundry in a washer at the Laundromat. She called and the attendant said they found her laundry earlier in the day and put them in a dryer. When they were dry, they folded them. Dawn drove back to the Laundromat at almost 9:00 p.m. and picked up our clothes. She left a nice TIP for the girl that took care of our laundry.

On Saturday we went back to work. I didn’t do much. Dawn all the work. We weren’t that busy and that was a GOOD thing.

Yesterday was our first day off and we both slept in! We made a fast trip to Wal-Mart and came back home.

Last night there were constant weather warnings for severe thunderstorms and tornados. My brother who lives about twenty miles away sent us a text and told us to load up and come to his house for the night. We packed a bag, loaded up our fur kids and drove to his house around 9:30 p.m. There were 16 tornados in the north Texas area last night. We got a lot of rain and some wind but that was it. Dawn and I loaded back up into the truck and drove home a little after midnight. We finally got in bed about 1 a.m.

Needless to say, we slept in this morning! Today we did laundry and some grocery shopping. We were exhausted by the time we got back home. Now we are kicked back watching some TV. We need to get rested up before we go back to work on Sunday.   

Copyright Notice All text and photos found on is copyrighted and may not be published, rewritten, distributed or downloaded without permission of the owner of All Rights Reserved. ©cruzin2some 2010