Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Still packing STUFF

The weather went from snow covered ground to sixty degrees almost overnight. Yesterday it was seventy-four degrees here. This warmer weather has got us picking up the pace once again.

We've packed and moved more boxes out to the RV garage. Last night we loaded all the Christmas stuff from the garage sale garage into boxes and put it into the truck so we can take it to the local charity thrift store. We now have a large area to display more garage sale items. People always tell us that we have the most organized garage sale and that it is displayed well. Heck yeah, we’ve pros. We’ve been having garage sales for two years now! Looks like we might be having garage sales again real soon, if the weather continues like today.

While packing STUFF we ran across an old laptop. We bought it many years ago and used it until a couple of years ago. It crashed after catching a nasty virus. We bought another laptop and stuck that one in the closet and forgot about it.

I talked to a good friend that’s in the IT business. I asked if it would be possible to use it just for my photography stuff. She told me she would wipe it clean and set it up with all my photo programs and I would be good to go.

This is great news for me. I need a computer dedicated to photos and nothing else. I take a lot of pictures. I can spend hours in front of the computer cropping and sorting pictures.

Anyway, we’ve been busy and hope to stay that way until we get all this STUFF packed up and into storage. Then we will have to sale the house and the car.

We’re getting there, slowly but surely!

Travel Safe Dawn and Denise

10 comments:

  1. photos definitely take up a lot of time and space. I just bought another external drive to hold all of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea- a computer just for pictures. I have an old one in the RV that needs some work. I guess I should get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A different kind of spring cleaning this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you two back up to 100%? Nasty viruses going around in humans, too!

    Roxanne
    The Good Luck Duck

    ReplyDelete
  5. think i am down to one last super garage sale and what doesn't goes to goodwill...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you two are almost ready to stick a "For Sale" sign out...I have a garage sale about once a year...They are lots of work, for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good plan to get that old laptop working to store all your photos. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you are making good progress. Every box of stuff that that goes away equates to one step closer to your dream! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying some warmer weather. Keep up the good work and look forward to meeting you on the road someday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you. Right back in to the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have more energy than I did, I think. Instead of garage sales, I was queen of Craigslist :) What I didn't sell there and on ebay, I donated to Goodwill. We were on a first name basis, I was there so often :)I probably could have gotten a few dollars for that stuff doing a garage sale, but I took the lazy way out and went for the tax deduction instead :)

    ReplyDelete