Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ucky Weather in North Texas

The weather here in north Texas is absolutely terrible. It started with an hour of thunderstorms and a few hours of sleet and then finally snow. It is 19 degrees here. So we have taken a few naps and eaten all the snack foods we could find. There is nothing good on TV.

I wish I had a good book to read. I love to curl up with a good book. Dawn on the other hand, has only one thing she likes to read. Her Atlas.  She takes it to bed with her at night. She knows her atlas front to back. I guess that's what make her such a great navigator.

She has asked which direction I would like to head when we do get to leave here. I'm not sure which way I want to go. I've been so busy just trying to get to a point where we can leave that I haven't given it a lot of thought.

Dawn is a planner. She enjoys making plans and putting together list. So now she wants me to think about which direction I want to go. I guess I better decide.

Travel Safe

12 comments:

  1. Is there a direction besides south?

    We're stranded inside, too, with this nasty storm. I just finished a good book; want it next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that's the beauty of it...You can just close your eyes and point to a place on the map...I miss being in our Hiker...especially since we are now snowbound in Illinois..I'm with Dawn..My Atlas and I are attached at the hip..Hey, my legs look like road maps anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Dawn! I'm a planner myself, and a list maker. I've even been mulling over my route to Indiana this summer, and I'm just starting my stint here! You'd better pick out a direction... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on out to Oregon, it's really beautiful here in just about all seasons. Right now in Eugene, where we are, the temperature is in the low 30's, but the sun is shining. The dogs want to go somewhere, but we won't go out! Warmer places in the winter is where we'd like to be now that we're both retired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 19 degrees?? !! Dawn needs to put the atlas away and you folks get moving out of that mess asap. Be safe in your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a similar division of labor. I study the maps and do tons of research online as we travel. When I ask John where he wants to go he usually just says to point him any direction I like. However this last move he did have a request for somewhere sunnier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've looked at a real Atlas in years. Nice to have someone with you who is a good navigator though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a list maker too and have been forever :) There is something comforting about making them and crossing things off of them. I can't make a destination list though. I just can't get that structured with the travel thing. I'm trying to be more spontaneous in my old age :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a planner too!..if only we could make plans..not time yet!..I say go west!!!..and north..we have friends on the coast in Oregon..there is no talk of wind or freezing temperatures like the rest of the USA..sounds like a pretty good place right about now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's pretty much a pink job... I am the planner & navagator too... Hope your weather get better! Come to Florida ☺
    Have fun & Travel Safe
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is really bad down in this part of Texas too. Our water is still frozen, and I am not a happy camper till I get my shower in the morning. Donnie is out there with the hair dryer right now trying to break it loose. Just came back in. That didn't work either. Oh well, I am sure it will warm up again in a few days. If I had the stuff I would just make fudge.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a planner too but I am going to try to kick the habit or at least loosen up a bit.

    ReplyDelete