Thursday, July 8, 2010

Moving Forward

We have a busy month ahead of us. We need to have a couple of more garage sales to get rid of the new STUFF we have uncovered. We have a college reunion of sorts for a weekend with some of Dawn's old college friends. The following weekend we are hosting a bridal shower for my niece. We also have a lot of yard work to be done around the house.

I started on the yard work yesterday afternoon. The weather was a bit cooler so I took full advantage of it. About five years ago we gutted the house and had the brick removed for a full remodel. We also added  new planting beds with complete landscaping done around the house. We didn't realize how over planted the beds were at the time. Landscaper will do that! We would have to hire a landscaper to tend the beds every month in order to keep them looking their best. Instead we are thinning out the beds. I have removed a couple of the beds and transplanted some of the shrubs. It is looking better but it is going to take some time. I don't work very fast because I am always on the lookout for snakes!

We were planning on putting the house on the market this fall but we may need to change our plans to spring. I can get a lot more done in the fall and spring. I am a bit of a sissy when it comes to working out in the heat. This could be because I am a middle aged woman that suffers from my own heat waves and the outdoor heat doesn't help matters!