Monday, July 12, 2010

Strange Week

Last week was one of the strangest week I believe I have ever lived through!!! I really don't know where to begin. I have a cousin that was in town from Grand Junction, Colorado, a friend in from Tennessee, a friend in from Seattle, WA and another friend in from Canada. We had dinner with our friend in from Canada on Tuesday night. On Friday Dawn had lunch with our friend from Seattle and on Sunday we had lunch with my cousin from Colorado. Unfortunately we didn't get to see our friend from Tennessee.

Mom has been experiencing some tingling and pain in her arm. She called the doctor. They got her in on friday. They have scheduled an MRI for next week.

I got a call that my cousin in Longview, TX gave birth to a premature baby. She didn't know she was pregnant. That's right! She didn't realize she was pregnant until she was went to the hospital with serve pain and the doctor told her she was in labor. Boy, how weird is that? I have seen that kind of stuff on television! She was at work when her contractions started and didn't know what was wrong. Luckily she works across the street from a hospital. They estimate that she was at twenty-eight weeks. She had a baby boy. He weighed in at 2 lbs. 15 oz. He has been taken off of the oxygen and is breathing great on his own. He is being fed through a tube and is putting on the weight. Both are fine.

On Tuesday I got a call that my only living uncle has been diagnosed with lung and bone cancer.

On Saturday night my son was racing go-carts and was hit from the rear and had to go to the emergency room. We went to the hospital. It was around 4:30 A.M. when we arrived and 8 A.M. when we left. Luckily he doesn't have any broken bones just a bruised back.