Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Making a list

We are compiling a list of things we need to buy before we hit the road. We actually have two lists, one being NEED List, things of necessity and the other is WANT list, and things we don’t have to have but would like to have. We’ve done pretty well so far. The items marked off are the things that we have already acquired. I’m sure we will discover other things that we need before it’s all said and done.

NEED List
  • New Truck Tires, $$$$$$$
  • Surge Protector, $$
  • Tire Chokes, $
  • Leveling Blocks
  • Kingpin Stabilizer
  • Sewer Tote $$
  • Heavy Duty Sewer Hose $
  • Water Pressure Regulator
  • Laptop (Replacement) $$
  • Dog Ramp
  • Plastic Dog Pen
  • New Water Filter

  
WANT List
  •  Sofa
  •  Window Curtains (Energy Savers)
  •  Kitchen Faucet w/ Veggie Spray
  •  Portable Canopy (10x10)
  •  Pet Barrier for Truck
  •  Chrome Truck Wheels, $$$$$$$
  •  Electric Fireplace, $$
  •  Big Foot Levelers, $$$$$$$$
  •  Patio Rugs
  •  Two Burner outdoor stove
  •  Outdoor Kitchen Stand
  •  Outdoor Chairs
  •  T.V for bedroom
  •  T.V for Living-room
  •  Slide-out Awnings
  •  Leaf Blower
Some of the items on our list will have to wait. But some will be done as soon as we get closer to our launch date.

We are also open to suggestions if there is something we don’t have listed that you couldn’t live without, just let us know.

9 comments:

  1. You are way ahead of where I was when I started!

    I think your list looks good.

    A few things off the top of my head..

    Polarity tester? (does the surge protector already do that?) I think I plugged in somewhere with reversed polarity and that is what destroyed a capacitor in my AC and my transfer relay.

    Internet air card? I use my Verizon wifi everywhere. I can park anywhere and don't need to stay in expensive campgrounds to get Internet. (I need wifi for work.)

    Small inverter? Again, lets me park anywhere. I clamp a small inverter onto my house batteries to keep my laptop and phone charged up. (I string an extension cord from my external house battery access through my window. Ha ha.)

    I may post again if I think of things later today.

    Good luck!

    Jennifer (from livinginmycar.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The list looks really good to me. Your lists, mainly the need list will change over and over. At least this is what we found. Some items you will use all the time, others you may never use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say the surge protector is high priority. There is lots of bad power out there. Ours has saved us money on a number of occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about a Tire Pressure Monitor System?

    One thing on our list is better fire extinguishers and possibly an automatic system that goes into the refrigerator compartment and near the engine of the motor home.

    We're getting our list together as well. We've gotten a few things already and are working on the rest. One step at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to have a list....gives you something to work toward and makes a great wish list for special occasions such as birthdays, Christmas etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some of the easiest wheel chocks (and safest), look up Rotochok - http://www.rotochok.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you have 2 pretty good lists there. It's nice to have "needs" and "wants" lists as there is a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We saw an electric fireplace at Costco, yesterday..$179 canadian!..great list..looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. McGuyver suggests a small air compressor to air your tires yourself if you need to..(ya takin' bikes? if so, it comes in handy for that too). We got a small electric one (110Volt) at Sears..It is small and stores nicely...

    ReplyDelete